We, at Institute of Career Counselling (OPC) Pvt. Ltd is committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us, in-line with the applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Personal information (PI) - means any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. In particular, using a common identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person or any other piece of information as per applicable laws and regulations.
Information collection -
We collect information about you or your usage to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Our Counselling services require you to register for an account on PlanetStudy.in. When you do, we will ask for personal information, such as, but not limited to your name, email address and telephone number to create/update your account.
- To provide you services, we may collect your profile information such as, but not limited to education background,date of birth , information of siblings.
- We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, such as, but not limited to log information and location information.
- When you communicate with Planetstudy.in or use the Planetstudy.in platform we collect information about your communication and any other additional information you choose to provide.
Processing personal information
Planetstudy.in may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
- Our automated systems analyse your content to provide you customized search results, recommendations.
- Send alerts and newsletter(s) to you (Provided you subscribe to the same. To unsubscribe, please visit your account settings)
- Improving our website and its content to provide better features and services.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions.
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes) in any jurisdiction, identity verification and due diligence checks.
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Web pages utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect your information about Website activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies in your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your Login Credentials to gain access to certain parts of the Web site and some sections/features of the site may not work.
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates and times that our site has accessed.
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information in order to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products or services.
Planetstudy.in does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people. It is shared in case -
- to provide products or services you've requested,
- when we have your permission,
- or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Planetstudy.in under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Planetstudy.in communicate with you about offers from Planetstudy.in and our partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Retention of personal information
Your personal information processed by Planetstudy.in are kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information are processed in line with legal, regulatory, contractual or statutory obligations as applicable.
At the expiry of such periods, your personal information will be archived to comply with legal/contractual retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods.
Personalisation of services
To the extent permitted by law, Planetstudy.in may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
Personalisation of services
You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information we may hold about you. The Company provides you the ability to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. If at any time you would like to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information, or you would like to obtain confirmation whether or not your personal information is processed by it, access your personal information, exercise your right to data portability or withdraw your consent to processing, please contact us.
Confidentiality and Security
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Data is important to us and Planetstudy.in has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as Planetstudy.in. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in India to protect personal information about you. We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules made there under to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy.
Planetstudy.in operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. Planetstudy.in monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about Planetstudy.in in order to improve its products and services. Please note that you must not communicate with Planetstudy.in through such social media sites the following information:
- Sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number ;
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals.
Planetstudy.in is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. Planetstudy.in is only responsible for its own use of the personal data received through such sites.
Planetstudy.in reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come into effect from the date of such update, change or modification.
Planetstudy.in shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user's account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise. Planetstudy.in does not store any Credit / Debit card details.
Any other personal information shared by you which is not asked by Planetstudy.in during registration, either mandatory or optional; accounts to wilful and intentional furnishing; and Planetstudy.in will not be liable for breach of such information.